- Do you have missing teeth or are about to have teeth extracted? Or perhaps you lost teeth in an accident or fall, or maybe you are having problems with your dentures?
- If the answer is yes to any of the above, there is some help at hand. You can now restore your smile in as little as a day with the All-on-4® treatment concept dental implants invented by Nobel Biocare. We are offering this particular treatment at our dental practice, and we are very excited about it.
Simply put, it is the name of a very efficient and effective dental implant treatment, which uses four dental implants in the upper or lower jaw to secure a permanent set of natural-looking, replacement teeth. It enables the patient to have a long-term, permanent solution for missing teeth. It provides a sturdy support system and ultimately a natural looking smile.
What are the benefits of All-on-4®?
You will have a permanent set of teeth that look and feel natural
- Your teeth won’t slip or fall out like dentures can
- You can reclaim your smile and smile with confidence
- You can talk freely and comfortably
- You will have a stable bite, which means you can re-discover chewing your favourite foods
- You will have an uncovered upper palate allowing for more taste in your food
- You will not need to use glues or creams or remove them at night
- You will not experience face sagging, which can occur when teeth are missing
Is it tried and tested?
Yes, the system is tried and tested and has been used in general practice for more than ten years now. It was first developed in the late 1990s using computer simulation, bio-mechanics and extensive clinical research. The All-on-4 technique can’t be performed by all implant surgeons and requires additional skill and technology, but we can perform it here at the practice.
What does the procedure entail?
You will require a consultation to see if your needs are suitable for all on 4 implants. You may need a series of x-rays, a CT scan, measurement of bone density and impressions to be taken.
- This will enable your dentist to make your specialised plan, often using specialised software. During your surgical appointment, you may need to have teeth extracted, if necessary, and your implants will be placed, and your prosthesis fitted, all in the same appointment. There will be follow-up appointments over the next six months. After approximately six months, the gums will be healed, and the implants will be fused to your bone. Depending on your treatment plan, at this stage, your dentist may remove your teeth and take a new impression in order to fit a final, stronger, permanent set of teeth, which are adjusted, so you have a perfect fit.
- Call 0141 339 3123 for a free consultation and to see whether All-on-4® may be the right choice for you.